Friday, February 29, 2008

News update and new book announcement

Today is February 29th. Friday and for a change I don't have anything booked except to catch up and write! I have good news. I just heard from my terrific publisher (L&L Dreamspell) that my newest book The Poison Handbook for Writers is being released. It will retail for $7.95 and contains information on easily accessible poisons and how much to use and what to expect and how long it takes to work. I should be real popular with the police agencies around the country. The book has sparked a lot of interest and I have speaking engagements fro Texas to California lined up. If anyone wants to have me speak, send me an e-mail and we can see what we can do. (mysterywriter6@msn.com). I'm working on another handbook called Murder 101. It tells you what really happens when you use various methods to kill someone. Hollywood and TV do not do it right. It will also discuss some of the other mistakes made by Hollywood and what you should say in your mysteries. I have another mystery going to my publisher probably next week and I'm starting another one. Between all the writing, book signings, speaking engagements and being in a number of writing organizations I have added another "job". I was appointed to the Library Board in Georgetown, TX. Isn't retirement fun? I thought I was supposed to play golf all day. I don't remember where I put my clubs. I will have to start adding working in the yard soon, my tractor will be coming back from it visit to the tractor hospital today, so my excuse is gone. Aslo working on the seminar / workshop for the writing cruise. Remember and sign up for it, it will be a lot of fun!

No comments: