Thursday, March 20, 2008

2008 Sage Award

I have a little self congradualtions to boast about for a change. It is about the Barbara Burnett Smith Mentoring Authors Foundation Sage Award. See following:

The Barbara Burnett Smith Mentoring Authors Foundation is pleased to announce the Second Annual Sage Award. The Sage will be awarded to the Mentoring Author that demonstrates an outstanding spirit of service in mentoring, sharing and leading others in the mystery writing community.
The Sage recipient will be honored at the Fourth Annual Barbara Burnett Smith Aspiring Writers Event on Sunday, May 18, 2008, at Barnes & Noble Westlake in Austin, Texas.

Well guess what? I was nominated by persons unknown but I was selected as the 2008 Sage Award winner. I think that is great. I've always believed in sharing knowledge and helping and encouraging others but didn't think anyone really noticed. Biy was I surprised! I can't thank the selection committee enough. This is great. I hope the people I have tried to help got what they needed and are successful.

No comments: